Welcome!

Welcome to my new recipe box!  Glad you came to peek.  

Here is how this works.  The recipes are not in any order, so the best way to look at them is to go to the Recipe Box on the right column and click on the category that makes your tummy growl.

If there is something in your kitchen you just don't know what to do with, click on that label in the right column and every recipe that calls for that ingredient will pop up!  Enjoy!!

15.2.10

Garlic Lime Chicken

From the kitchen of: Better Homes & Gardens
Serves: 5
Rating:


5 chicken breast halves (I used bone in chicken thighs)
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4-1/3 cup lime juice, according to your taste preference
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 garlic cloves, minced or 1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp dry mustard
1/2 tsp ground pepper

Place chicken in slow cooker. Combine remaining ingredients and pour over chicken. Cover. Cook on high 4-6 hours or on low 6-8 hours.

Review:
This had excellent flavor! I loved it and so did Greg. The cooktime was WAY too long though. I noticed and switched it to warm, luckily. It is really important to watch the time if you are using chicken breasts. The boneless, skinless chicken breasts cook fast and they dry out and get tough if they are left in the crockpot too long. For crockpot cooking, I prefer the chicken thighs and bone-in chicken. It stays moist and is very tender when serving. Before I started cooking this year I don't think I had ever bought bone-in chicken or anything other than the frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts. As I have expanded my recipes and noticed sales at grocery stores, I have switched to using other cuts of chicken and have loved them. I highly recommend trying something new if you haven't in a long time. It can also be a lot less expensive, as well. Anyhow, if you use chicken thighs for this recipe I give it 5 stars. If you use chicken breasts I give it 4 stars.

No comments: