Welcome!

Welcome to my new recipe box!  Glad you came to peek.  

Here is how this works.  The recipes are not in any order, so the best way to look at them is to go to the Recipe Box on the right column and click on the category that makes your tummy growl.

If there is something in your kitchen you just don't know what to do with, click on that label in the right column and every recipe that calls for that ingredient will pop up!  Enjoy!!

12.8.11

Amber's Potato Salad


Yes, it's MY recipe. I took enough from different recipes and changed enough ingredients that I am completely safe claiming this one! Adam is taking the youth on an overnight boating trip and needed things that would travel well in a boat and serve really easy. What better than hot dogs and potato salad, right??

Note: Do not overmix, potatoes will turn to mush. It tastes a lot better the next day after the spices have had time to marinate.

Here it is:

8 medium red potatoes, cooked and diced
1 1/2 cups mayo
2 TBS cider vinegar
2 TBS sugar (I was wishing I wouldn't have put quite this much, I don't like things sweet)
1 TBS yellow mustard
1 tsp sea salt
2 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp chives
1 tsp dill weed
2 TBS bacon bits
2 celery ribs, chopped finely
1/2 cup red onion, chopped finely
3 hard boiled eggs. diced small
paprika

1. Place diced, cooked potatoes in a lage bowl.
2 Mix mayo, vinegar, mustard, salt, garlic, pepper, chives, and dill in a seperate bowl.
3. Add the mayo mixture to the large bowl of potatoes.
4. Add celery and onions, then mix well.
5. Stir in diced eggs.
6. Sprinkle paprika on top before serving.

No comments: