Welcome!

Welcome to my new recipe box!  Glad you came to peek.  

Here is how this works.  The recipes are not in any order, so the best way to look at them is to go to the Recipe Box on the right column and click on the category that makes your tummy growl.

If there is something in your kitchen you just don't know what to do with, click on that label in the right column and every recipe that calls for that ingredient will pop up!  Enjoy!!

28.9.10

Chocolate Smarshmallow Cookies

From the kitchen of: Stephanie's Kitchen

I was attempting to make home made oreo cookies - thinking I had all the ingredients I needed....
After cookies were baked, I realized I had no Cream cheese frosting so I had to improvise. Here's what I came up with:

Devil's Food Cake Mix Cookies


1 box Devil's Food cake mix

2 eggs

1/2 c. vegetable oil

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix all ingredients together, roll into walnut-sized balls and place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool 2 minutes on cookie sheet, then move to wire rack. Makes 2-3 dozen cookies.

Variations: Add walnuts, pecans, coconut or chocolate chips.

These stay very moist and chewy for a couple of days (if they last that long!)

15 Lg marshmallows cut in half

For the frosting:


3 cups confectioners’ sugar (you may need to add a little more )
6 tbl unsalted butter, room temperature
1/4 cup plus 1 1/2 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 cup milk
3/4 tsp vanilla extract

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Make cookies: Sift together flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt into a bowl. (I just use a whisk, it does the same thing.)

2. Put butter and sugar into the bowl and mix on medium high until fluffy and pale, about 2 minutes. Reduce speed to medium low; mix in egg, milk and vanilla. Mix in flour mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, until combined.

3. Using a 1 3/4-inch ice cream scoop, drop dough onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper, spacing 2 inches apart. Bake cookies, rotating sheets halfway through, until firm, 8 to 10 minutes. Immediately press a marshmallow half on top of each cookie. Bake until marshmallows begin to melt, 2 minutes more. Let cool completely on sheets on wire racks.

4. Make frosting: Put powdered sugar in a medium bowl. Melt butter with the cocoa in a sauce pan over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally. Add butter mixture to the powdered sugar. Whisk in milk and vanilla.

5. Spread about 1 tbl of frosting on top of each cookie to cover marshmallow. Let stand until set, about 10 minutes. Cookies can be stored in single layers in airtight containers at room temperature up to 2 days.


I have done oreo cookies in the past and it just uses a box of devil's food cake instead of from scratch. See Homemade Oreo Cookies for that recipe.

1 comment:

Tate, MeriBeth, Presdee & Margie said...

Amber this is awesome! Hey how do I add your other blog?