Welcome!

Welcome to my new recipe box!  Glad you came to peek.  

Here is how this works.  The recipes are not in any order, so the best way to look at them is to go to the Recipe Box on the right column and click on the category that makes your tummy growl.

If there is something in your kitchen you just don't know what to do with, click on that label in the right column and every recipe that calls for that ingredient will pop up!  Enjoy!!

17.4.09

Dreamsicle Cheesecake

From the kitchen of: Lannette Hansen
Serves:
Rating: ***

Mix together in large bowl:
16 oz. cream cheese - softened
6 oz. can frozen Orange Juice - (I used strawberry)
1 can sweetened condensed milk (I used 1/2 can because a whole one is really rich!)
Stir in:
10 oz. cool whip

Here's what I did:
I made the recipe using strawberry instead of orange concentrate to make it pink.
It barely turned it pink so I added some strawberry glaze (about 1/4 cup), the kind that comes in a bag that you mix with fresh strawberries and put on angel food cake.
The dark brown layer in the dessert cups was Oreo crumbs.
I am going to try the original recipe soon with orange concentrate because I think it will absolutely love it! I just haven't had time!


1 comment:

Chaya the Comfy Cook said...

I was typing and my comment disappeared as I typed. I may be repeating myself.

I grew up eating creamsicles and this recipe must have the same taste. I have to make it. Thanks for the memories.